The Mahamevnawa Buddhist Monastery Toronto is a place for people to learn and practice the teachings of the Buddha as preserved faithfully in the scriptures of Theravada Buddhism. The lay community is led by fully ordained monks (bhikkhus).
We offer a variety of regular activities such as Dhamma Talks (sermons), Day long meditation retreats (Uposatha observance), and children's and teens classes.
We actively serve the community all across the greater Toronto area, from Guelf, Milton, Brampton and Mississauga in the east; to Whidbey and Ajax in the west; to Arora, Newmarket and Georgina in the north; and everywhere in between.
Come join us in learning and practicing the teachings of the Fully Enlightened Buddha!
- Find one of our regular activities you would like to be a part of
- Know what to expect when you visit
- Learn about our history and read a message from our founder, Venerable Kiribathgoda Gnanananda Thera
- Get directions to our location.
- Contact one of our other Affiliated Monasteries and Meditation Centers