This is the perfect way to learn how and why to meditate in the way the Buddha taught. The class is taught by resident monks trained in the Theravada Buddhist Tradition. No experience is required and everyone is welcome. Never visited before? Find out what to expect.
We will cover:
- Meditation posture
- Why we meditate
- The problems that happen in our meditation and how to overcome them
- Breathing meditation
- Loving-kindness meditation
- Meditation on the nature of the body
- Meditation on generosity and virtue
- Meditation on the parts of the body and the elements
- Walking meditation
- And more...
Everyone is welcome to join with the devotional service afterwards from 7 to 8 pm.
You can find the text of our guided meditations in this handout. (PDF)